The administration of Donald Trump is developing a new action plan in Syria, which involves the imposition of sanctions against Russian and Iranian companies involved in the restoration of the Arab Republic. This news, citing its sources in the White House, was voiced on the eve of the American television channel NBC.
Recall, as recently as last week, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo actually delivered an ultimatum to Damascus, saying that his country would not give “a single dollar” to restore Syria until the Iranian formations left its territory. For some reason, the Iranian contingent is preventing the Americans from fighting the terrorist group of the IS – so, in any case, they argue. Given that the Iranian military (as well as the Russian) are in Syria at the invitation of the legitimate government of this country, but the Americans with their coalition just nobody called there.
Now the States are going to impede the restoration of areas of Syria, where there are Iranian and Russian contingents. And they promise to put financial and political sanctions against those who are striving to bring this long-suffering country back to life.
Moreover, it is not even about the fact that they are going to restore what they themselves have destroyed with their carpet bombings. The same Rakku, for example, which a year ago the American coalition was actually razed to the ground during the operation to get rid of terrorists.
Israeli leader travels to Russia with confidence that Moscow will forgive downed IL-20
“This is an indicator of what we have always said: that all the verbal camouflage about concern for the bright future of Syria is nothing more than excuses,” said Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov, commenting on the new Syrian strategy of Washington.
According to him, the essence of American policy remains the same: to maximally impede the work of the legitimate government of Syria and prevent those countries that are not in words, but in fact, are fighting in Syria with a terrorist threat.
The deputy minister called such a US course “one-sided” and “flawed.”
But there is nothing new in this one-sidedness and inferiority, says Mikhail Alexandrov, a leading expert at the Center for Military-Political Research at MGIMO:
– The American strategy is clear. They intend to continue their war against the government of Bashar Assad and against Iran in the region. And for this, they absolutely do not need Syria to recover and show success in the fight against terrorism and the creation of a normal secular state, which will be friendly to both Iran and Russia.
Their goal is to derail. Therefore, it is naive to think that they would in general begin to help in any way.
The reference to the IS in this case is used exclusively for eye removal. Their victory over Islamic terrorists is absolutely not worried. The United States participated in the creation of ISIS, which Trump, by the way, explicitly stated, blaming ex-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
ISIS was aimed at overthrowing the government of Bashar Assad, and then the situation was to be taken under control by loyal pro-American groups.
But the plan did not work, and what is left for them now?
– That is, will stick in the wheel, so that Syria has not risen?
– The war goes into a protracted stage. And they, firstly, should not allow the defeat of the remaining terrorist formations in Idlib. Maintain your presence in the Kurdish lands. And continue from there to lead this sabotage and terrorist war.
Second, to prevent Syria from recovering, to create an attractive lifestyle, which, in the end, would lure a significant number of Syrians, who are now in opposition, to the side of Assad. Because if everyone sees that life is getting better there, who wants to sit in this Idlib under the control of terrorists.
That’s why Americans act like that …
– But this is the height of cynicism. Raise terrorists, destroy the country, and then declare sanctions to those who want to help this country …
– As for the sanctions, then they have limited opportunities. They cannot start a war against us. They are not ready to start a war against Iran either.
So they are looking for ways to prevent the restoration of Syria, and for this they have come up with sanctions against companies.
There, after all, the Chinese could participate. And the Europeans said something … But now they will impose sanctions, and no one will restore anything there.
That is, the situation is preserved. Or Russia will have to take all the burden on itselve, incur economic losses, and we have our own problems. But the Americans will just satisfy it – this is their strategy.
I remember that the“ white squats ”with their fake chemical attack in Idlib brought Ivanka Trump to tears. She was so sorry for the Syrian children that the President-and her father “had no choice” how to give a volley of Tomahawks to the Assad army. Now they don’t think about the plight of hundreds of thousands of Syrian children? – Usual double standards … Using information in some situations in favor of the United States, and when not in favor of the United States, ignoring this information. And we need to act the same way. You see, they create a virtual reality, where they interpret the facts in their favor. What is happening in reality, they are no longer interested. They create their own reality, using their control over the media, the Internet, and so on. Therefore, this reality can be destroyed by acting accordingly – creating an alternative virtual reality to Americans. And not trying to prove to them that they are wrong. It is useless. Professor of the Academy of Military Sciences, political analyst Sergei Sudakov is sure that the Americans never fight just like that:
- The United States is now quite interested in staying and strengthening in Syria. And they, of course, want to compensate for their financial losses, which they suffered together with the coalition. The Americans never fight for nothing. In this sense, they are similar to Roman legionnaires, who always demanded a large contribution for their services. And now they want to make sure that the largest part of Syria becomes a protectorate of the “Greater Western World”, namely, the United States and its coalition members from 68 states. But in reality, the States are well aware that Russia and Iran are not only trying to bring order to Syria ( they are fighting there, they are suffering losses), and they are also those countries that are really interested in establishing peace on this earth. And because Russia will dictate certain conditions: who will be in the land of Syria. Who is hostile, and who is not hostile. Nobody has called the United States and their coalition to Syria – they are unwanted guests there. And, of course, when peace is established, they will have to leave the territory of the republic.
– And if they do not have such a desire?
– There is none, of course. Therefore, they want to do everything quite the opposite. They want, using the methods of economic pressure, to start beating Iran, Iranian units, from Syria first. By putting pressure on virtually all the companies, branches, branches and subsidiaries involved in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. The meaning of these actions is: “we will choke you until you leave and leave Syria to us to be devoured.” But I suppose it will not work for them with Iran, which has been living under the most severe sanctions for many years. Russia will also not leave Syria, where we have our own interests, which we will defend. And by and large they can go for any trick, any provocation in order to earn big enough money. And here we need to understand that the principles of the WTO, the principles of the World Bank, and even an organization like the UN, they simply sunk in Letu.Americans are not interested. They just want to seize a huge piece of Syria, where the oil resources are located, and then do what you want – restore Syria, do not restore … The main thing is to get your share of production. And in this case, the Americans are very similar to pirates who are trying to seize someone else’s ship and raise its own black flag on it.