, , ,

Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un’s meeting in Hanoi

No agreement yet

The talks between the 72-year-old US President Donald Trump and the 35-year-old DPRK leader Kim Jong-un were held at the Sofitel Legend Metropol, the oldest five-star hotel in Hanoi, from 27 to 28 February. According to the results of the second summit of the USA – the DPRK, the parties did not sign the final document. The leaders of the two countries left the summit venue ahead of schedule, and also canceled a joint lunch.

 

The White House said that at the summit the United States and the DPRK could not reach an agreement, the teams of the two countries’ leaders plan to continue meetings in the future.

 

– The agreement was not reached, but the parties are going to meet again in the future, – said a spokeswoman for the US administration, Sarah Sanders.

 

On Wednesday morning, the US president tweeted that he was counting on help from Russia, China, Japan and South Korea in a dialogue with the DPRK.

 

In response to a question from journalists about whether a peace treaty between North and South Korea could be signed in the near future, Trump said “we will see.”

 

In a press statement, Trump and Kim said they expected very successful negotiations.

 

Kim said he was confident that the negotiations would end with “an excellent result that everyone would like.”

 

– I will do everything I can for this, – the DPRK leader added.

 

Korea, after a total abandonment of nuclear weapons, will significantly increase its economic strength, Trump told reporters before the dinner.

 

The fact that the DPRK’s refusal of nuclear weapons will be a prerequisite for incredible economic growth, Trump said before the meeting with the Korean leader.

 

The fact that Vietnam was chosen as a meeting place is connected with this. In the past, it was a communist country, which opened up to Western investments and therefore quickly became rich.

 

The Foreign Ministry clarified the number of Americans detained in the US Zakharova called the blatant incident with a Russian diplomat in the Czech Republic Zakharova blamed the US for lying on the INF Treaty.

So, on the first day, the leaders of the two countries held a short tete-a-tete meeting, after which they went to a joint dinner in an expanded format. The dinner was attended by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Acting Head of the White House Office Mick Mulvani, and from Korea – Deputy Chairman of the Central Committee of the Korean Workers’ Party Kim Yong Chol, Foreign Minister Lee Young Ho, lasted about two hours.

 

After some time, a video appeared on Trump’s Twitter account, in which fragments of their meeting with Kim were edited to the solemn music.

 

– Nice meeting and dinner with Kim Jong-un in Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam. I can’t wait to continue the discussion tomorrow, – Trump tweeted.

 

The Washington Post reported that Bloomberg, Associated Press, and Reuters, as well as the LA Times, were not allowed to go to dinner. The White House press secretary, Sarah Sanders, said that the number of journalists allowed for dinner was limited due to the fact that the meeting touched on “sensitive” topics.

 

Whether Moscow and Beijing will put up with possible losses in Latin America because of Trump

The second conversation of the leaders of the two countries took place on February 28; it lasted more than 30 minutes. Upon completion, Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un turned to an extended conversation. After that, the President of the United States and the leader of the DPRK were supposed to have a signing ceremony of the final document and a joint dinner, but Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un had earlier left the planned Sofitel Legend Metropole.

 

At the summit, politicians discussed the prospects for nuclear disarmament of the Korean Peninsula. Previously, both politicians expressed optimism about the possible achievement of progress on this issue. After the news about the premature end of the meeting on the South Korean stock exchanges collapsed quotes.

 

The first US-DPRK summit was held in Singapore on June 12, 2018. Based on its results, the parties adopted a joint statement, which stated that the DPRK was ready for full denuclearization. In response, the United States pledged to provide security guarantees to Pyongyang.

 

He stated that he was not in a hurry to resolve the issue of nuclear weapons.

 

“I don’t want to rush anyone. I just do not want any nuclear tests. There are no tests yet, and we are satisfied, ”Trump said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

code