Where can a new stage of Russian-Ukrainian aggravation occur?
Russia moves to the third – after the Crimea and the Donbass, “wave of occupation” of Ukraine, we are talking about the naval blockade of Mariupol and the entire region of the Sea of Azov. Such an opinion in an interview with German Bild expressed the Prosecutor General of Ukraine Yuriy Lutsenko.
– Russia is blocking the Sea of Azov, thus occupying it. It’s not even a sea space, but a blockade of Mariupol, – he said.
Answering a journalist’s question about how necessary the imposition of martial law in Ukraine was after the incident in the Kerch Strait, Lutsenko noted that “this was not a regular incident, but a third wave of occupation”.
In his opinion, the West should assist Kiev in this situation. He called the formation of international convoys to escort ships in the Kerch Strait as the best response to Moscow’s actions. In addition, he considers the ban on the entry of Russian ships into the ports of European countries as a “good form of solidarity.”
The official also said that the incident in the Kerch Strait affects absolutely all countries that have access to the sea.
Washington does not like what is happening at the Crimean Bridge, called the Russian-American conflict.
– This is not only about Ukraine. When the Crimea was taken away from us, it was a conflict between the two states. It only affected us. But the occupation of the Sea of Azov affects all states that have a navy, and consequently, Germany. If we allow it, Russia will continue. Its next destination could be the Black Sea.
Lutsenko also answered the question about the likelihood that the imposition of martial law could have an impact on the conduct of elections in Ukraine.
– And as a citizen, and as a prosecutor general, I clearly declare that elections are sacred for Ukrainian politics. They cannot be canceled in any way. Otherwise, the fundamental difference between Ukraine and Russia will be erased, – he stressed.
The Prosecutor General was also asked why Ukraine, by imposing martial law, punishes people who are in no way connected with the conflict.
– These peaceful citizens financially and politically support an undeclared war against our country. We want them to feel that this is war, and not propaganda tales that they learn from the media, – Lutsenko replied.
Recall that Kiev has repeatedly urged the West to respond to Russia’s actions in the Sea of Azov that allegedly violate international law, calling it “blockade” and “aggression”. In the words of Ukrainian politicians, only Kurt Volker, the special representative of the US State Department for Ukraine, supported him right after the incident in the Kerch Strait, urged Europe to close its ports for Russian ships. However, one can hardly expect Europe to do this, Brussels did not even agree to the introduction of new sanctions against Moscow, calling them counterproductive.
In the West, the deputy minister for temporarily occupied territories, Georgy Tukoi, expressed in August and received the “second wind” after the Kerch incident, the idea that NATO countries escorted Ukrainian ships to the Sea of Azov.
In fact, Ukraine can only invent new and new threats, allegedly coming from Russia. So, at the beginning of the month, shortly after the introduction of martial law, President Petro Poroshenko accused Russia of intending to seize Berdyansk and Mariupol in order to build a “land corridor” to the Crimea.
As for the adequacy of the current conclusions of Lutsenko about the three stages of the “occupation”, then for the “post-Maid” Ukraine such conclusions are the norm. Recall that last year, former President Viktor Yushchenko counted as many as 24 wars in the history of Ukraine and Russia. So, one may not be surprised if the “fourth stage of the occupation” begins soon. The question is exactly where the Russian-Ukrainian border can begin.
– The Ukrainian Prosecutor General made his statement right before the end of the martial law in Ukraine, introduced by Kiev after the Kerch incident,” recalls Fyodor Biryukov, a member of the Bureau of the Presidium of the Motherland Party, director of the Freedom Institute.
And the words about the“ third wave of Russian occupation ”serve the purpose of extending or resuming martial law, which is clearly preferable for the Kiev-fascist regime on the eve of presidential elections. Poroshenko and his accomplices do not support neither voters nor political elites. In a calm peaceful environment, he even with the active assistance of the West risks losing the election with a bang. Therefore, an atmosphere of military hysteria is necessary, constant reminders that “the enemy is at the gate,” “Russia is about to openly attack,” and then the opposite thesis about some more wave of “Russian aggression”, “occupation” and so on.
This also includes the practice of provocations of a collision type in the Kerch Strait. The Kiev regime must constantly keep Ukraine on edge, in a state of militarist panic and fear of “Russian aggression.” Without this hypnotic-zombie propaganda set, the Kiev regime loses all meaning of existence, especially in the eyes of its Western moderators. And where does Kiev get money and weapons from? Only the West so far provides these ruling oligarchs of Ukraine. So permanent war hysteria is the only form of life support for the Kiev-fascist authorities. And until the complete deconstruction of the regime, nothing fundamentally changes. While these paranoid criminals sit in the Kiev offices, they will continue the policy of lies, provocations and political psychosis, which periodically turn into moral and physical terror against any opponents.
The Ukrainian president did not abandon the idea of canceling the elections and is preparing a new provocation
– The Bandera regime needs a source of problems, to which you can shift the responsibility for what is happening, anywhere, but not in Ukraine, – says historian, essayist, permanent expert of the Izborsky club, Alexander Dmitrievsky.
– The best option is Russia, to which the Nazis have a pathological hatred, somewhat worse – the United States and Europe, which systematically betray Kiev and negotiate behind its back with the Kremlin.
– How far can the Crimea be annexed to Russia, the war in the Donbass and tensions in the Sea of Azov as links of one chain be considered? Is there a rational link in the words of Lutsenko?
– Here Lutsenko is absolutely right: these are all links of one chain. However, he lied, bashfully omitting the most important link – the coup d’état that happened in Kiev in February 2014, and in which Mr. Lutsenko took an active part. Were it not for the overthrow of Yanukovych, relations with Russia would continue to remain friendly, and the Crimea and Donbass would be under Ukraine s control. In fact, Ukraine at the instigation of Washington itself has created problems for itself.
– Where do you think, in addition to the Crimea, Donbass and Azov, a new stage of the Russian-Ukrainian confrontation can happen?
– In Transnistria. There is a large contingent of Russian peacekeepers there, and Russia will be forced to intervene to protect them. But since Transnistria has borders only with Ukraine and Moldova, Russia will have to go on a landing operation in the area of Odessa, or at least to violate Ukrainian airspace.
– Recently, every second former and current official in Ukraine is trying to speak on this topic. Is it a fashion trend or what?
- This is an exaggeration of the situation. The Bandera regime needs to declare Russia an aggressor country, and it is also necessary, if not to collect, then at least suck from the finger, the evidence on this issue. So they try …
– According to the Prosecutor General of Ukraine, the West should provide assistance to Kiev in this situation. He called the formation of international convoys to escort ships in the Kerch Strait as the best response to Moscow’s actions. Also, “a good form of solidarity” for Lutsenko is the ban on the entry of Russian ships into the ports of European countries … Lutsenko also said that the incident in the Kerch Strait affects absolutely all countries that have access to the sea. Is Ukraine still trying to draw Europe into the war with Russia?
- We laugh at the statements of Mr. Lutsenko, and in fact he honestly performs his task of setting Ukraine on Russia. “Euromaidan” happened just because the West had to arrange Russia with tremendous problems in the sphere of its interests, and they were organized by the hands of Ukraine. Now the Kiev regime is equally successfully working to transform the resulting hotbed of tension into a full-fledged “hot spot”. Therefore, I am completely incomprehensible to the irony of many commentators who make fun of Ukraine. Yes, this is a weak adversary, but if we suffer by hats, we can defeat ourselves.
– Lutsenko denied the possibility that the imposition of martial law may have an impact on the holding of elections in Ukraine. Can it really? Yesterday ended martial law. What’s next?
– Martial law has already had an impact on the results of the electoral process. So, in those regions where it was introduced, local elections did not take place on December 23. We underestimate their importance, and in fact it is the local government that forms election commissions in cities and regions, and it depends on them how the voting and counting of ballots will pass. And if we take repression against canonical Orthodoxy and pro-Russian-minded people, then the picture of the stripping of the electoral space in Ukraine becomes extremely complete. Therefore, there is only one forecast: if Poroshenko does not win the presidential elections in March, an even more aggressive nationalist will win. It can’t be otherwise.